Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

First Impressions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Aspiring Mage
Aspiring Mage

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-04

First Impressions Empty
PostSubject: First Impressions   First Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:00 am

I'm Jim, and I'm a roguelike addict.

(Hi Jim!)

It's been ten minutes since I last played a roguelike. I tried MageGuild and I was really impressed. It has a lot of polish and it's aesthetically pleasing, the latter being really important to me in an ascii game. Everything was clear and the colors were bright. I enjoyed the sense of personality that came with the choice between archmage patrons. Overall, I felt steeped in a sense of atmosphere from the very getgo, and that's a defining trait, I think, of an excellent roguelike game. I'm thinking of the new kids here... Legerdemain, Incursion, and DF all have that same virtue.

I'm going to give the game another go soon, but let me just say one thing... something about the premise feels kind of stingy. This is mostly because I don't feel like I can really gain power per se, but also because I know that once I finally reach that plateau of super-magedom, the game will be over. I feel like this whole game is a prelude to something that ought to be astonishing, something that I'll probably never see, but even as it exists, it's a great accomplishment.

So if that's a critique, there you have it. Just wanted to say thanks for the game.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

First Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Smile

If it's massive ass-kickery as a master of the guild you're looking for, wait until the next release, with the level editor. I fully expect just that sort of scenario to be built by people. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
Zixinus
Winner
Winner
Zixinus

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-11-21

First Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:31 am

I myself plan to make a "Winter's Soul" kind of scenario, you being a master mage that accidentally ended up on an unknown continent and given various benefits according to what school you choose.

Of course, that will happen when I could be bothered. I really need to learn how to focus my attention and time to one project.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Impressions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lukos Software :: MageGuild :: General-
Jump to: