Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

Alchemy Combinations

Go down 
+2
Curseman
Fierce
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fierce
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Alchemy Combinations Empty
PostSubject: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm curious as to what people use the most when creating items. So, please list your favorite potion combination and/or item combination. Feel free to post what you used, but if you feel that this isn't in the spirit of the game- if you prefer to make other players figure it out- you don't have to post it, by any means.

Personally, Gain Energy and Amulet of Life. I managed to create something with remains that gave me life as well, but I have no idea what I did and haven't been able to recreate it.
Back to top Go down
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:36 am

Gain life and gain energy are, of course, always favorites for the early game. I tend to carry one or the other with me so any potions of duplication can be used to make more.

Late game, potions of final death (death + permanence) are a great way to solve a desperate problem quickly.

If you play with cosmic as one of your spell schools, I also have to recommend having an amulet of inversion with you. Haste alone is worth doing it for.

To make the life increasing potion you mentioned earlier, all you need to do is combine a potion of life with a potion of permanence. I believe a potion of absorption combined with gargoyle remains will also work for this, although I'm not positive I remember that correctly.
Back to top Go down
Fierce
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Well, I managed to make the gain life potion pretty easily, but I somehow managed to get some charged mud golem remains that did roughly the same thing.

I just can't figure it back out. It may have been a gargoyle piece, but I don't think so...

What's the purpose of Final Death? It seems interesting, but I don't see what the purpose of something like that would be. Maybe I'm just not far enough- I got to level 9 and then my game wouldn't save or display messages correctly, so I ended up killing myself because I had to turn my computer off and I wanted a character dump. -shrug-

Haste, eh? What happens if you invert primal chaos...?

I'm going to have to look at that now. You could do the same sort of thing with Arcane and you could pull things, right? That would be nice for a Melee build, or maybe if you used the Harm spell in conjunction with it...
Back to top Go down
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 6:42 pm

There may be a way to use a mud golem to make one of those. I don't know for sure.

Final death will kill anything you throw it at. I have never seen it fail, and I don't think it can.

The inverted version of primal chaos is primal order, which removes enchantments, turns unusual tiles to stone, and stuff like that. It isn't dreadfully exciting, but I suppose that's fitting for something called primal order. Inverted push is leap, which lets you jump a number of spaces in a selected direction. It's basically casting push on yourself instead of an enemy target.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 1:30 pm

Sorry it's taken me so long to follow up on this...job stuff has been... (insert generic programmer excuses here).

Can you be more specific with the description, when you say it wouldn't save or display messages correctly? What happened, what did you do right before then, etc?

Also, there's a command that'll drop a character dump at any time...'D' by default, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
Fyren
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 am

This thread is ancient, but I started compiling my limited alchemy knowledge in a wiki article at
Code:
http://MYUSERNAMEHERE.nimh.net/wiki/Mage_Guild_alchemy
Replace MYUSERNAMEHERE with my user name. Don't really want spambots to find my wiki. This is more of a scratch pad for myself than anything, but anyone can freely edit the article and you don't have to register to do so. If you have no idea how wikis work, don't worry, you can't break it or permanently delete anything, so I can clean up after you.

An easy way to figure out the charge/absorption effects of remains is to invert a magic mirror into a twisted mirror, which acts like an identifier.
Back to top Go down
DeeMer
Winner - Celestial Mage

Winner - Celestial Mage
DeeMer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:44 am

Actually, any magic mirror acts as an Identifier. You can also Use a Mirror to see HP/MP percentages and some buffs on any creature, and use twisted Mirror to invert yourself, though. The other mirrors (Bright, Dark) I'm not quite sure yet.

I made this table on potion mixes; I don't know how to put that into the wiki yet.
Back to top Go down
Fyren
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:20 pm

I doubt if anyone is bored enough to do it, but I can make a list of all the monsters and post it so someone could use tokens of Nhuz and mirrors to identify everything, heh.
Back to top Go down
DeeMer
Winner - Celestial Mage

Winner - Celestial Mage
DeeMer

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey, go for it!

I've already got a few monsters to list.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Tag-team spoiler-writing, already. I love it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
Fyren
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:03 pm

This is probably exhaustive since I poked the EXE to get it.

goblin
    stirge
    floating_eye
    zombie
    black_mote
    wolf
    naiad
    blinkbat
    mist
    delver
    pilferer
    shade
    blue_mote
    hobgoblin_darter
    gargoyle
    hydrowyrm
    green_ooze
    dryad
    windwalker
    evil_eye
    orc
    eldritch_slug
    troll_savage
    dire_wolf
    skull_beetle
    dark_acolyte
    mud_golem
    warp_mote
    manticore
    razor_fiend
    vampire
    doppleganger
    ichor_wyrm
    grey_ooze
    black_unicorn
    white_unicorn
    chronoshifter
    red_mote
    lamia
    hellhound
    storm_knight
    glass_golem
    elite_orc
    master_thief
    possessor
    troll_hunter
    chromatic_fiend
    wolfmaster
    magma_wyrm
    giant_spider
    chaos_mote
    dark_priest
    alchemist
    elder_vampire
    treant
    dragon_wasp
    yellow_dragon
    marble_golem
    lich
    chameleon
    efreet
    blue_dragon
    elementalist
    heliomancer
    astromancer
    mirror_knight
    green_dragon
    nyctomancer
    wizard
    reaper
    disenchanter
    red_dragon
    steel_golem
    djinn
    void_knight
    verminlord
    elder_dragon
    demilich
    angel_of_shadows
    dark_hierophant
    behemoth
    fire_sprite
    Sateja
    Nhuz
    Ath
    Mhiu
    Laxuno
Back to top Go down
Fyren
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:52 pm

Also, being able to be "built from" means what?
Back to top Go down
DeeMer
Winner - Celestial Mage

Winner - Celestial Mage
DeeMer

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Fyren wrote:
Also, being able to be "built from" means what?

If you Mix buildible remains with a Token of Ath, it creates an item.

e.g.
Glass Golem: Chunk of Glass + Token of Ath = Ring of the Bear: Inflicts damage when striking opponent in melee. 200 turns
Black Unicorn: Horn of Black Unicorn + Token of Ath = Ring of Black Horn: Curse on strike 200 turns
Warp Mote: Fragment of Warp Mote + Token of Ath = Spikey Purple Ring: Provides Teleport when struck in melee. 700 turns
Chaos Mote: Fragment Chaos Mote + Token of Ath = Spikey Orange Ring: Conf. on Strike ???(forgot to write this one down) turns
Naiad: Webbed Toe + Token of Ath = Dripping Ring(or something similar): Douses Enemy on Strike; does not break.

I made a new page on your wiki: Mage Guild Monsters.
I don't really know how to properly Wiki edit yet, so it's not very clean.
Back to top Go down
Fyren
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:07 pm

I made a template for monsters to make editing the list a little easier. Look at the couple examples I did for how to use it; you can leave out charge/absorb/built and it'll just not say anything. Order of the parameters doesn't matter (you can put built before charge and name last, but put name first so it's not confusing). Not sure if it'd help our bookkeeping if we set them explicitly to something like "none" so we're sure we just didn't overlook it when something doesn't have a charge/absorb effect.

(The main benefit of the template is allowing easy reformatting by editing the template rather than every monster, if it turns out we want to, not really to help adding the info in the first place, though.)
Back to top Go down
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:46 am

I'll list all the class combinations so you can fill out sheet 2 of your spreadsheet.

That way I can say I contributed without *really* doing any work ; )

Light = Heliomancer
Dark = Nyctomancer
Elemental = Elementalist
Cosmic = Astromancer
Arcane = Wizard

Light + Dark = Eomancer
Light + Elemental = Brightfire Mage
Light + Cosmic = Celestial Mage
Light + Arcane = Light Wizard

Dark + Elemental = Darkfire Mage
Dark + Cosmic = Xenomancer
Dark + Arcane = Dark Wizard

Elemental + Cosmic = Hylomancer
Elemental + Arcane = Red Mage

Cosmic + Arcane = Exomancer
Back to top Go down
winter_mute
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:35 am

A crystal ball + a death potion + staff + the cone shaped blast gives you an AWSOME deeath shotgun that kills most things in one blast. I make as many of these as possible if I choose that feat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Combinations   Alchemy Combinations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alchemy Combinations
Page 1 of 1