Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

you need to advertise more

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
winter_mute
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-07

you need to advertise more Empty
PostSubject: you need to advertise more   you need to advertise more Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Seriously. Mage Guild is a damn fine roguelike and there is almost nothing about it out anywhere. Most of the major roguelike portals don't have any mention of it. You should jump onto the various roguelike portals / wikis out there and ensure that there is an entry for it.

Also, google totally doesn't point towards your website. I have it bookmarked now but so far I have been finding it thru a very brief mention of temple of the roguelike.
Back to top Go down
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: you need to advertise more   you need to advertise more Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:12 am

I definitely agree that the game could use, and deserves more exposure than it has. What do you think would be good places to try and get it mentioned at? It has a small roguebasin article, it's mentioned at thelist.roguelikedevelopment.org (althought the version listed there is a really old one) and as you said, there is some information on it at roguetemple. I *think* Nahjor posted about it at rgrd as well. Maybe requesting a full interview from Slash at roguetemple would be a good plan? Would it be appropriate to try places like the the oook and ToME forums' off topic sections?

As for finding the site, it's easy to get here from glistenimages.com, and google searching Lukos Software gives it as the first result as well. Googling for "Mage Guild" is a lost cause, unless this game can somehow surpass The Elder Scrolls series in popularity, which is currently the top result for that. Of course, if Nahjor was able to pull that off he wouldn't need any more advertising. Smile

It really is the best roguelike I've seen in a while though, and that the only reason it isn't more popular is because people don't know it exists.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: you need to advertise more   you need to advertise more Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:18 am

Well, I appreciate the complements, and I do intend to advertise more. The only reason I haven't, really, is that what I've been releasing so far are betas; they're broken, sometimes pretty badly (witness the versions with crashes on loading saves, etc.). I'd like to avoid the trap whereby a beta that's broken screws you out of a chunk of players. That said, we're zeroing in on the non-beta release. I'm still waffling between just chunking 0.8 out as a 1.0 instead, or dropping the 0.8 as a beta, seeing how it flies, then possibly renumbering it 1.0.

Anyways; the 1.0 version will be posted everywhere from here to the moon. Smile I appreciate the ideas you've left here, for places to advertise. Keep them coming!
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
winter_mute
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: you need to advertise more   you need to advertise more Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:42 pm

the problem is nobody is going to google Lukos Software. that's an unintuitive google search for finding a game unless you here a LOT about it and the developer. And for the little talk that occurs about mage guild, NOT the company/software site/ developer.

I don't have a Something Awful account and hopefully never will but maybe someone who does (hopefully not the dev) could go pimp this game over there. Rogeulikes seem to really explode in popularity when that site with their huge user base talk about them and those guys really appreciate this genre as well. It really boosted the popularity of Incursion. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you need to advertise more   you need to advertise more Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

you need to advertise more
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lukos Software :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: