Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

Water Effects?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
guvnor
Aspiring Mage
Aspiring Mage
guvnor

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Water Effects? Empty
PostSubject: Water Effects?   Water Effects? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:14 am

I'm wondering exactly what the effects of getting splashed and standing in water are?

Getting hit by hydroworm barf doesn't seem to do any damage, and I haven't detected any positive/negative effects yet (though I may just not have noticed them) A couple of ideas that I have in mind, if they aren't already implemented:

Negates burning status and Fire Wall spell
Severe damage to fire-based creatures
Halves fire damage when standing on a water tile
Doubles lightning damage when standing on a water tile
10% chance of destroying a random scroll (if one is in your inventory)
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Water Effects? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Effects?   Water Effects? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:09 am

Water will negate burning, and there are a couple other things that it does as well. I do plan to expand on the functionality of water tiles and spray in the future; I'd always intended water to do more than it does now, but had difficulty getting a balance point that I liked. I'd rather avoid the scroll thing, but I like the elemental damage modification idea. Some variant of that may show up. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
guvnor
Aspiring Mage
Aspiring Mage
guvnor

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Water Effects? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Effects?   Water Effects? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Another neat thing (which might take a bit more programing that it's worth) would be to have anybody standing on a connected body of water receives lightning damage as if they were hit directly. So, if you are standing on a body of water when you cast lightning, you also get shocked, but so will everyone else.

That would potentially make the water wave quite useful for laying down traps in corridors and big rooms, provided you also had the lightning spell.

I suppose you could also add patches of tar (which would slow movement) but similarly magnify the damage of fire-based attacks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water Effects? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Effects?   Water Effects? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water Effects?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lukos Software :: MageGuild :: Bug Reports and Ideas-
Jump to: