Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

Suggestion: casting while on an energy fountain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Einar
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Suggestion: casting while on an energy fountain Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion: casting while on an energy fountain   Suggestion: casting while on an energy fountain Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:58 am

I think it would be neat if casting spells or shooting bolts while standing on an energy fountain had some extra effect. You're standing in the middle of a huge reservoir of magical energy; it should do something to your spells. I was thinking that it could:
  1. Randomly add some amount of charge to the bolt or spell (i.e, "An unexpected flow of energy surges through your staff!").
  2. Randomly change the shape of your bolt or spell (i.e, "Your bolt crackles ominously as it flies through the air!" -> a bolt was reshaped into a ball, "Your spell shatters as you cast it!" -> a spell was reshaped into a cone.)

Both of these would of course drain from the fountain's reserve.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Suggestion: casting while on an energy fountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: casting while on an energy fountain   Suggestion: casting while on an energy fountain Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:22 am

Hmm. Forces the player to make a strategic choice on how to manage the fountain's reserve. I like it! Smile Something along these lines will probably show up, a version or two out.
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm

Suggestion: casting while on an energy fountain
Page 1 of 1