Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

A possible bug I just noticed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Einar
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-15

A possible bug I just noticed Empty
PostSubject: A possible bug I just noticed   A possible bug I just noticed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:41 pm

The bug: it seems like Chronoshifters don't properly detect that a summoned creature is hostile, and will merrily haste a minion of yours that's about to kill them.

I looked through the changelog, and it doesn't seem that this has been fixed so far.

Here's what leads me to believe this is the case:

In 1.0, I was playing around with Summon. The first two times I tried it things ended badly (at least now I know to summon things out of mote-explosion range...), but the third time I got an awesomesauce razor fiend. One of the first things it killed for me was a Chronoshifter.

I was confused as this happened, because for some reason the Chronoshifter kept on hasting my fiend. I didn't mind, but I thought this was odd; I figured at the time that Chronoshifters just randomly shot out haste or slow.

However, just now I was killed by a blindingly fast Ichor Worm that was living in the same room as a Chronoshifter. I noticed that the Shifter kept on hasting it, and I realized that this was their expected behavior - they haste other enemies in order to make your life more miserable.

The only problem is that they might not be able to detect if a mob is hostile to them.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: A possible bug I just noticed   A possible bug I just noticed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:18 pm

Yeah, I'm betting the AI's not checking for that. Good catch. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
DeeMer
Winner - Celestial Mage

Winner - Celestial Mage
DeeMer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: A possible bug I just noticed   A possible bug I just noticed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:25 am

I've had a Chronomage Haste me once. I figured it was just a quirk of too much time-bending.
Back to top Go down
Zixinus
Winner
Winner
Zixinus

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: A possible bug I just noticed   A possible bug I just noticed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 5:44 pm

Actually, I had a cronomaster haste AND slow me at the same time. Multiple times. Shouldn't those spells cancel out eachother?

EDIT: This happened to me with astromancers too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A possible bug I just noticed   A possible bug I just noticed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A possible bug I just noticed
Page 1 of 1