Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

What's your best character?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JMskit
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
JMskit

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-06

What's your best character? Empty
PostSubject: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Name:

Level:

Depth:

Magic Schools:

Spells:

Edges:

HP:

MP:

How your character died, if not, how did he live??? tongue
____________________________________________________________________________________

Here's mine

Merlin

Depth: 7

Level: 7

Elemental, Cosmic

Lightning Bolt
Fire Wall
Slow

Melee Training(2) -- Just testing it, pretty useful, but not for the amount of MP I had =D

HP: 19

MP: 93 alien

I got slaughtered by a Storm Knight. =[
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:13 pm

93 is a very large number. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
Dryst
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:16 pm

Name: Povrar (dunno!)

Level: 6

Depth: 6

Magic Schools: Dark / Arcane ( I love drain, hp steal effects are never implemented well enough in RPGs. Contagion is really cool, it's hard to justify using it unless surrounded, but in that case it certainly pays off. Push is useful in several situations, my favorite being in conjunction with an acid pool Twisted Evil )

Spells: Drain, Contagion, Push

Edges: Spell Training (1), toughness (1)

HP: Character dump doesn't say, but around 25 sounds right (augmented by potions!)

MP: About 45? It's been a while since I played this game.

On this note, HP and MP should be included in the character dump.

How your character died: A nasty ichor worm and his buddies got me blinded and I think immobolized, and made short work of me in my disabed state.
Back to top Go down
JMskit
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
JMskit

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Yeah I mixed every permanence potion + Energy potion + potion of duplication and drank every potion of gain energy I could
Back to top Go down
JMskit
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
JMskit

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:26 pm

I must agree with Dryst, I love the spell Drain from Dark Magic.

Yeah, I decided to write everything else in my Character dumps that are not there. Like HP/MP, death, depth, and any other little notes.

study
Back to top Go down
Dryst
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:42 am

JMskit wrote:
I must agree with Dryst, I love the spell Drain from Dark Magic.

Yeah, I decided to write everything else in my Character dumps that are not there. Like HP/MP, death, depth, and any other little notes.

study

Not anymore, thanks to version 0.6, as I quickly found out with my first character, who died a sudden, early death. I'll chalk it up to test purposes rather than general bad playing Wink
Back to top Go down
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:01 pm

Name: Cyrus

Level: 14

Depth: Escaped

Magic Schools: Light and Cosmic - Celestial mage

Spells: Heal for... healing, black hole mostly for the inverted nova attack, slow likewise for the inverted haste, primal chaos for kicks, and armor because I had a spare point.

Edges: Melee training x 4, toughness, contingency x 2 (both used)

HP: 35/52

MP: 37/58

How I survived: My strategy mostly revolved on beating things with my stick, and magic was largely used for defense, recovery, and occasional charged shots. In the early stages my focus was on getting the needed potions of life, permanence, and duplication to get my maximum hp up (mp wasn't as much of a concern as a melee fighter).

I used both contingincies in the same spot, by getting paralyzed in a group of enemies and quickly killed twice, so it's good that I had two. About halfway through I made an amulet of inversion so I could use haste, nova, and harm at will.

In the late parts of the game recovery became more important than gaining stats, so I saved up potions of life and energy and used potions of permanence to keep my amulet up instead, which ended up lasting me through the whole game. By the ending my melee attacks were strong enough that I destroyed the one Elder Dragon I encountered in two strikes.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Congrats on being the first escapee! Very Happy (that I've heard of, anyways)

I've actually been considering knocking melee training down a peg...it seems, perhaps, overly good. But a win is a win, regardless! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 4:47 am

I'm the first!?

Huzzah!

Hail Cyrus, Master Celestial Mage of the Nahela mage guild!
Back to top Go down
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:09 am

A new challenger approaches!

Name: Rayna

Level: 15

Depth: Escaped

Magic Schools: Light and Elemental

Spells: All elemental spells, plus heal and pacify.

Edges: Spell training, toughness x 3, contingency x 2 (never used), elemental attunement, and elemental mastery

HP: 59/59

MP: 106/106

How I survived: This character got ridiculously powerful. I used potions of stat gain and the toughness edge to get huge amounts of health and magic, and then I most lightning bolted everything to death. A few enemies were problematic, like the void knights who absorbed all my attacks, leaving me to have to kill them with level 1 staff bolts. I prepared two potions of final death at the end and ran into exactly two elder dragons, so that problem solved itself nicely.

I ran this character after reading Nahjor's reply to my balance suggestions, to see how the ideas worked in practice. I definitely think lightning bolt needs to be toned down. Fireball and fire wall are pretty strong as well, but fireball is expensive, and fire wall needs to be set up. They may still warrant being looked at.

Anyway, I think I have to agree with his idea of lowering gain magic potions from giving 3 more max mp to 2, because as you can see, I ended up with a lot.
Back to top Go down
DeeMer
Winner - Celestial Mage

Winner - Celestial Mage
DeeMer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:33 am

Pelenope - Level 15 - Winner!
Final Score: 7090

HP: 22/26
MP: 6/57

Schools: Cosmic, Light

Spells:
  • Slow
  • Gravity
  • Primal Chaos
  • Armor
  • Ward
  • Heal

Edges:
  • Accurate Bolt
  • Shaped Bolt (Ball)
  • Spell Training (3)
  • Contingency (2, 0 used)
  • Resiliance

The first thing I did was learn Armor and Slow Haste and Permanent myself. Then a little later Gravity Levitate. Then I aquired as many Absorptions and Permanences as I could, getting Resist for all 4 elements, poison, paralyze, cold aura, and deflection. Once I found and Invisible scroll, however, I practically walked to the end. No enemies can see Invis. Elder Dragons, Vampire Lords, Reapers, Liches, etc. just let me walk by unimpeded.

I also had Amulets of Reversal and Undeath so I could cast Ball-shaped Death-Bolts unimpeded.

The Archmage Ath was the only thing to actually damage me, as I stood right next to him and Harmed him to death.

I was also having some success with a Dark/Element Wizard, but she fell victim to a saving error.

The moral of this story is that some of the more powerful enemies should see invisible. Even monsters w/o eyes couldn't find me!
Back to top Go down
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:01 am

This isn't my best character to date, but since this thread seems to be more or less the winner's thread nowadays, why not?

Character Dump for MageGuild version 0.7.2.0

Rayna - Level 13 - Winner!
Final Score: 7670

HP: 49/49
MP: 61/61

Schools: Light, Arcane

Spells:
Armor
Heal
Push
Teleport
Summon

Edges:
Accurate Bolt
Powerful Bolt (2)
Charge Conservation
Quick Charge
Contingency (1, 0 used)
Magical Body

Since I've done Light/Cosmic and Light/Elemental characters in the best, I decided to try my hand at Light/Arcane this time around.

For my offense I used charged strikes and staff bolts. Early on it was really effective, especially once I had quick charge, but later on in the game killing things became more and more difficult, but fortunately, by then I was picking up my higher level arcane spells.

Teleport and Summon both saved my life in a number of situations. Staff bolts (at least without the shaped bolt edge) are not up to the task of dealing with summoners, so being able to teleport away or send something in with an area of effect attack was really helpful there. Summons were also invaluable in clearing out monsters from rooms containing the orbs.

Heal came in handy, as always, and it synergized pretty well with Magical Body, lowering its own cost.

I only really used armor in two places, but it helped immensely in them. The first was in an orb room where all kinds or chaotic things had happened and the orb ended up buried in magma and acid. Armor allowed me to retrieve it without taking lethal damage. The second major use it saw was on the final stage.

Push wasn't used for anything meaningful.

Late in the game my charged shots were getting pretty worthless, so I avoided the last few orbs and just bolted for the bottom of the dungeon. I had prepared several potions of final death in advance to deal with particularly nasty enemies, such as dragons.

I got through the final stage of the dungeon by using charged attacks, a group of summons, and my large amount of useful potions I had saved up by then. Ath himself was ridiculously resilient. He ate two potions of final death, a fireball spell scroll, and countless charged shots before finally going down. The armor spell and the magical body edge helped me get through, as taking half damage combined with gaining health and energy at the same time made a big difference. My summons seemed to ignore him, I assume this was intentional.

The final stage was fun though, it was challenging and the powerful final boss was interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your best character?   What's your best character? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your best character?
Page 1 of 1