Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

The colors of remembered features and potions.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Catinthewall
Aspiring Mage
Aspiring Mage

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-08

The colors of remembered features and potions. Empty
PostSubject: The colors of remembered features and potions.   The colors of remembered features and potions. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:54 pm

It sucks not being able to know whether a remembered fountain is yellow or red, or knowing just what kind of potion you didn't pick up the first time you saw, and it's a minor irritant about the same for , features, and just what flavor of i your mage saw.

Potion colors have barely any logic to them, and since there's no way to customize them, I'm getting quite miffed at being unable to remember the inversions by heart still. I'm going to pull my hair out if I try to duplicate dissolutions again. In the same vein, on the map, potions of death and absorption are nearly indistinguishable from each other without a basepoint.

After a bit of checking, you're so close to having a nice additive color wheel, just make absorption purple, maybe push inversion up to a hot pink.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The colors of remembered features and potions.   The colors of remembered features and potions. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:47 am

Well, I'm certainly willing to entertain the idea of keeping the coloration for remembered things. Personally, I like the way things are currently; it gives a clear visual indicator of whether something is remembered or seen live. Anyone else feel like weighing in on the subject?

As to the potion colors, I'll grant that they're a bit arbitrary; in general, I attempted to find colors that matched the theme of the potion. It's probably feasible to recolor the potions a bit such that invertible pairs have complementary colors (such as dissolution and duplication do now). Doing so would require changing absorption to a royal purple, and permanence to an orange. Would that adequately address your color issues? Does anyone else have an opinion on the subject?
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
Magi
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Magi

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The colors of remembered features and potions.   The colors of remembered features and potions. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Personally, I find it quite easy to remember the colors of the potions. As soon as I see one as I'm wandering the dungeon, I know exactly what kind it is.
Back to top Go down
DeeMer
Winner - Celestial Mage

Winner - Celestial Mage
DeeMer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The colors of remembered features and potions.   The colors of remembered features and potions. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:03 pm

I say that brown -> orange and grey -> purple isn't too much of a change. Although I wouldn't want it too dark a purple.

I also like the greyed-out items; they should stay as-is.
Back to top Go down
Magi
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Magi

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The colors of remembered features and potions.   The colors of remembered features and potions. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:22 pm

The colors of remembered features and potions. Potionnew

Those good?
Back to top Go down
Zixinus
Winner
Winner
Zixinus

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: The colors of remembered features and potions.   The colors of remembered features and potions. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Strange. I guess I'm more of a word-guy, because I never got any potions mixed up and I remembered the potion combinations by their meaning. What happens when you inverse dissolution? Duplication. That logic was enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The colors of remembered features and potions.   The colors of remembered features and potions. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:17 am

Well, it would need to be more of a royal purple than a fuchsia; inversion, as well as other similar effects, are all firmly grounded in fuchsia, and I have no particular desire to root them all out and change them. I don't imagine this change would effect many people that much, but I've got a certain craving for symmetry that would appreciate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The colors of remembered features and potions.   The colors of remembered features and potions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The colors of remembered features and potions.
Page 1 of 1