Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

Magi's Tileswaps

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Magi
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Magi

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Magi's Tileswaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi's Tileswaps   Magi's Tileswaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:39 pm

I've finished most of the 8-Bit Tileswap.

A few tiles are missing, but it's usable. I'll finish the rest of the tiles soon.

Magi's Tileswaps - Page 2 8bit
(Click for sheet)
Back to top Go down
DeeMer
Winner - Celestial Mage

Winner - Celestial Mage
DeeMer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Magi's Tileswaps   Magi's Tileswaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:16 am

I know it's a work in progress, so I'll refrain from commenting too much.

Aside from the images I provided, what was your method of acquiring the sprites? Were you disassembling screenshots from emulators, or did you use a tile-ripping program? Either way I think you need a little more variety. Many tiles are recolors, and some only have 2 colors and come out flat. Most NES tiles have three colors (excluding transparency). It also seems odd that you used a humanoid tile for the gargoyle.
Back to top Go down
Magi
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Magi

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Magi's Tileswaps   Magi's Tileswaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:42 pm

DeeMer wrote:
I know it's a work in progress, so I'll refrain from commenting too much.

Aside from the images I provided, what was your method of acquiring the sprites? Were you disassembling screenshots from emulators, or did you use a tile-ripping program? Either way I think you need a little more variety. Many tiles are recolors, and some only have 2 colors and come out flat. Most NES tiles have three colors (excluding transparency). It also seems odd that you used a humanoid tile for the gargoyle.

I have little/no experience using a tile-ripping program, and it would take too long for me to obtain the sprites otherwise. I normally use The Spriter's Resource for most sprites that I don't have already from my years of collecting sprites for my games.

I know that a good portion of the tiles are either recolors or have less than 3 colors. It's a WIP and I'm planning on fixing those by the time it's finished.

As for the gargoyle.. I have no clue. It seemed to fit reasonably well, and certain interpretations of the Gargoyle have it as a stone man with wings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magi's Tileswaps   Magi's Tileswaps - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magi's Tileswaps
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2