Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

Bug Reports

Go down 
+7
Max Kitsch
reincarnation
Curseman
mrchris
Star
Nahjor
JMskit
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JMskit
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
JMskit

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:07 pm

When the Hobogoblin Darter first threw a dart at me, it announced to me that I was poisoned, and had a green text stating 'Poisoned' on the top right. Then the next turn, the Hobogoblin Darter threw another dart at me, and in the text screen it said I was poisoned, but in the top right corner, it had appeared that my poison has wore off.

To summarize the first dart that poisoned me was canceled out by the second dart pig

Thanks,
JM
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Probably has to do with the flags moreso than the effect itself...I'll look into it, regardless. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm
Star
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Game crash after throwing Potion of Duplication at a friendly wolf (object reference not set to an instance of object).
Steps to reproduce:
- revive a wolf (potion of death + wolf hair)
- throw a potion of duplication at the wolf
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:34 pm

That's an interesting one. Smile I'll check into it.
Back to top Go down
Star
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Registration date : 2008-04-09

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:42 pm

v0.6 seems to be a lot more unstable than v0.5

All four of my recent games ended up with a proposal to send error report to Microsoft:
Bug Reports Error10

Up to now I couldn't find a strict way to reproduce the bug. It seems to occur during arbitrary actions... It may have to deal with actions being stacked (when you press keys faster than application is responding) though.

What kind of additional info can I provide to help clarify the issue when I encounter the bug next time?
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Hmm. This issue concerns me, as I'm not sure what I might have done that could have caused this.

Ok...well, anything that you can tell me about what you're doing when it happens would be helpful, but if it happens more-or-less at random, that's not much use. What kind of options do you have, when you hit the Debug button? (Ideally, I'd like a stack trace, but I don't know how much you can get me with a release version of MG.)
Back to top Go down
mrchris
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
mrchris

Registration date : 2008-04-16

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:51 pm

I've been experiencing fairly common crashes under v0.6- I believe they occur when a creature warps outside of a dungeon level's bounds. If I bump in to a warping creature near the edge of a map, that character is pretty much done for.

Any chance of getting a quick patch? This crash bug is making it unplayable for me.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:49 am

Yeah, I'll be happy to push a v6.1 with these fixes, once I can make them. Smile So, when you say warp, do you mean any creature that teleports around, or just Warp Motes?
Back to top Go down
mrchris
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
mrchris

Registration date : 2008-04-16

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:38 am

It usually occurs when the blue W's burrow underground to pop up somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Fixed. Nice find on that one, btw. Smile

I've got about three other pressing issues I'm working on; I'll release a 6.1 with this fix, plus the others, in a day or so.
Back to top Go down
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:10 am

In the new version 0.6.1 the life amulets seem to be bugged. Once they run out of energy, they are removed from your inventory, but you keep the +10 hit points, and get the message of it being exhausted and crumbling away each round.

I found that saving the game will stop the player from receiving the message, and will allow them to wear a new amulet, but the +10 health seems to be permanent. This can be exploited for ridiculous amounts of life.

It's possible that this happens for other amulets as well, but I haven't as of yet tested those.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:53 am

Shocked

See, this is what I get for not having an SCM with proper branching. I'm in process of adding more wearables to v0.7, and I must have broken amulets somehow in the process.

Ok, thanks. If this is the only issue like this that floats up, I'll probably leave it for v0.7, but if there are a lot more issues or worse issues, I might drop a 0.6.2.
Back to top Go down
reincarnation
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:13 am

Version 0.6.1: under Mono, Main menu and Tutorial works very well, but game crashes on character generation screen.
Code:
reincarnation@reincarnation:~/data/soft/mg/MageGuild v0.6.1$ mono MageGuild.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RLLib.RLMenu.CloseMenu () [0x00000]
  at RLLib.RLInput.CloseMenu () [0x00000]
  at RLLib.RLInput.TB_KeyDown (System.Object sender, System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs e) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown (System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs e) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.DispatchMessage (System.Windows.Forms.MSG& msg) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.DoEvents () [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI.DoEvents () [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents () [0x00000]
  at MageGuild.menuNewChar.PopNewChar (RLLib.RLDisplay RD, System.String inName) [0x00000]
  at MageGuild.frmMain.rlDisplay1_Load (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl () [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl () [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.SendMessage (IntPtr hwnd, Msg message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.CreateWindow (System.Windows.Forms.CreateParams cp) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI.CreateWindow (System.Windows.Forms.CreateParams cp) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle (System.Windows.Forms.CreateParams create_params) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:CreateControl ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore (Boolean value) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore (Boolean value) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible (Boolean value) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:set_Visible (bool)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunLoop (Boolean Modal, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.Form mainForm) [0x00000]
  at MageGuild.Program.Main () [0x00000]
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:53 am

Hmm... Crashes immediately following entering your name, right? I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
reincarnation
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:21 am

Nahjor wrote:
Hmm... Crashes immediately following entering your name, right? I'll look into it.
Crashes when I try to hit 'Enter' to choose a school. Also, up and down arrows don't work in this menu.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:43 am

Really, now? That's even more interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
reincarnation
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:12 pm

Nahjor wrote:
Really, now? That's even more interesting. Smile
The same bug appears if I choose 'New game', but leave character's name empty and returned to main menu. If i choose another menu item at the beginning and then returned to main menu, it's working properly.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:14 pm

I think this is related to the 'input box' I built, that you enter your name into. Did you have this issue with v0.6?
Back to top Go down
reincarnation
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Nahjor wrote:
I think this is related to the 'input box' I built, that you enter your name into. Did you have this issue with v0.6?
No, 0.6 doesn't crash at this point.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Ok. I think I've got an idea what's causing it, I'll try to get it fixed for the next release.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:31 am

Found and fixed this guy; Mono's implementation of Windows Forms is a bit different from the native one, but we should be back on track now. Depending on how much development I get done in the next couple days, I'll either drop a quick 0.6.2 containing this fix, or I'll just hold it for 0.7. Either way, you won't have long to wait. Smile Thanks for helping me sort the Mono issues out!
Back to top Go down
Curseman
Winner - Elementalist

Winner - Elementalist
Curseman

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Hey, I've made a thread to try and advertise the game over at roguetemple.com, and in one person's reply they said they had experienced this problem:

I just tried running the .exe, but it says (rough translation):

"The application didnīt initialize correctly (0xc0000135)"
"
Iīm on winxp.

Any idea why that is?

The thread is located at

http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=208.0
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:40 pm

My first guess is that it's a problem with the .NET Framework not being installed/updated. My second guess is that somehow the files didn't all get unzipped to the same place. In theory, a missing .dll could cause something like that, too. I'll reply, see if I can get him straightened out.

Thanks for starting the thread, by the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Max Kitsch
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:45 am

I used token and got message "Regaining MP", but I've got HP, not mana getting restored.

And, besides, when I destroy zombie I get message "The zombie dies". Isn't he dead already?
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:03 am

Max Kitsch wrote:
I used token and got message "Regaining MP", but I've got HP, not mana getting restored.

And, besides, when I destroy zombie I get message "The zombie dies". Isn't he dead already?

Hunh...thought I'd checked that. I'll look into the token regen issue. The zombie thing...yeah, I'll address the text change for that. Smile

Thanks for the report!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports   Bug Reports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bug Reports
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lukos Software :: MageGuild :: Beta Discussion-
Jump to: