Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

Spell Idea - Corpse Explosion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
winter_mute
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Spell Idea - Corpse Explosion Empty
PostSubject: Spell Idea - Corpse Explosion   Spell Idea - Corpse Explosion Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:24 pm

I have no idea where it could be fit in, maybe shuffled around in place of invisibility somehow, but I think a Corpse explosion spell that shoots a bolt at a remains then detonates it for a fairly massive explosion for level cost / mana would be pretty cool. It would fit the theme of feeding upon death for dark magic. Just sayin'.

Also, I think the drain spell needs a slight boost in power. I have no idea what it was like back when it was "broken" but right now it requires a hit/charged hit + the drain spell to kill anything. Which gives the monster a free hit on you so it costs you more mana and the life you gain usually only balances out the damage you took. It's more work then simply killing the monster. Perhaps I just don't know how to use it well.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Spell Idea - Corpse Explosion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell Idea - Corpse Explosion   Spell Idea - Corpse Explosion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:45 pm

I'm planning on adding more spells a bit further down the line, so something along these lines might fit in nicely there. Will probably be a couple versions down the line, but I've got several really fun spell ideas bouncing around in my head, and you guys just keep giving me more good ideas. Twisted Evil

As to drain... You're absolutely right, it is sub-par as a pure attack spell. But it has several niche uses; take drain vs. particularly slow monsters, as an example. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm

Spell Idea - Corpse Explosion
Page 1 of 1