Lukos Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lukos Software

Community Forum for Lukos Software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum will be closing very soon. Please redirect your bookmarks and whatnot to http://lukos.x10hosting.com

Haste Spell....way too freakin awesome?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
winter_mute
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Haste Spell....way too freakin awesome? Empty
PostSubject: Haste Spell....way too freakin awesome?   Haste Spell....way too freakin awesome? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:42 am

It is really the only thing I ever select cosmic magic for.

I would pay 3 solid character points and way more mana (probably as much as eight) to gain this status effect.

It is certainly a lot more powerful and useful then gravity / flight and certainly deserves to be swapped with them.

I don't know if you have coded this to set the MP cost for each inverse spell seperately but you should certainly consider really REALLY jacking it up if you can.

I feel that mana cost is a much better way to balance this spell than duration because duration is somewhat easy to extend and very hard to balance (see: invisibility) whereas you will always need mana resources to stay alive and should be somewhat paranoid about burning through it. At least I am.

I know the way things stand now I always pump my mana into it when it expires for my longest and best playthrough attempts and my deaths can almost always be attributed to forgetting to maintain it. Now that's power.
Back to top Go down
Nahjor
Admin
Admin
Nahjor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Haste Spell....way too freakin awesome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haste Spell....way too freakin awesome?   Haste Spell....way too freakin awesome? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 1:00 am

Haste is a very powerful effect, and I've always been somewhat concerned about it sitting at the level-1 slot. It's a tricky balance issue, though, because haste is paired with slow, which is (arguably) the weakest of the level-1 spells. I'm 100% OK with haste falling into the level-2 slot, but I'm not entirely sure I'm OK with slow being at that level. I'm also generally of the opinion that cosmic is a little bit weaker than most of the other schools, although the spell poll is beginning to convince me that others don't necessarily agree. Smile

Anyways; definitely want to hear what people think on this one. (When do I not want feedback? Razz )
Back to top Go down
http://glistenimages.com/Lukos/lukosHome.htm

Haste Spell....way too freakin awesome?
Page 1 of 1